Tuesday 29th January 2013
12.30- 13.00 Theatre 1
Six L&D challenges for 2013
Ara Ohanian, Chief Happiness Officer and CEO, CERTPOINT Systems
How do you navigate the challenges of the new business world? With 21st century technologies changing the way we think and learn, it’s no surprise that we find ourselves at the tipping point of change. 2012 saw Facebook’s one billionth user and the world was gripped by a Korean artist turned global phenomenon thanks to YouTube.
So, what should we be doing to grasp these great opportunities to prove L&D business impact and propel L&D to its rightful seat at the C-table? Ara sees six key steps to success:
- Social learning takes centre stage
- From teachers to curators
- Evolution of the learning unit from lesson to contextual intelligence
- The hundredth monkey effect
- A pure breed L&D professional
- Speed is everything – stale knowledge is useless!