Tuesday 29th January 2013
Theatre 1 16:15 - 16:45
Content distribution strategy through multiple devices
Anjani Kumar Shukla, Deputy General Manager - Sales and Shrikant Pattathil, Executive Vice President, Harbinger Systems
As corporations and individuals populate the social networking landscape with learning content, there is a huge potential to leverage this rich source of content to improve learning products and learning outcomes; and to enhance social learning experiences.
Learning organizations need to embrace a knowledge strategy that leverages both formal and informal content so that learners can share experiences, contextualise content, and collaborate on different activities.
This session addresses the problems of how to build a personalized content layer on top of the original content, and how to seamlessly synchronize this personalized content onto multiple devices in multiple sessions.
Participants will learn the content distribution challenges; like content compatible to multiple devices or browsers, context switching across multiple devices in multiple user sessions, disconnected learning on the go, and digital rights management for content security.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to enrich content by collaboration with learners
- How to increase effectiveness of learning content by increased user engagement through annotation activities
- How instructors can assess application of the knowledge without explicit quizzes or assignments
- How publishers benefit with increased insight into reader's thoughts, feedback, and reviews
- The fundamentals of Annotations – where annotations persist in a central cloud repository