latest show news
- A guide to coaching for performance at January’s Learning Technologies Conference
- Learning for the YouTube generation
- show all news stories
Tuesday 29th January 2013
Theatre 3 14:45 - 15:15
From isolated courses to an integrated experience: Kineo and City & Guilds showcase ‘The City & Guilds Way’ portal
Stephen Walsh, Director, City & Guilds and Kineo
Learners and employers are under increasing pressure. They want access to learning when they need it, and expect a supported, engaging and relevant learning experience. Isolated courses won’t cut it anymore.
Working together, City & Guilds and Kineo (now part of the City & Guilds Group) have made it possible for employers, learners and deliverers to reach targeted learning and learning support that goes way beyond the traditional course. Combining video guidance, personalised learning journeys and community tools as well as assessment and tutor and coaching support, the ‘City & Guilds Way’ allows L&D departments to access an on-demand, industry-specific experience for learners, managers, and coaches.
We’ll look at:
- Motivating learners with communities and curated content
- User generated content- posting and sharing
- Using games, open badges, and challenges to support and reward
- Innovative resource-driven portal design
- Enabling coaches and tutors to provide support