You never get a second chance to make a first impression. And the opportunity to maximise a new starters’ first impression often lies largely in the hands of L&D. At a time when skills shortages are growing and recruitment costs remain significant, no organisations can afford to deliver a poor onboarding experience today. Discover how leading practitioners are getting their people off on the right foot from day one (and even before that!)
Making the right first impression with impressive onboarding
Onboarding should be an easy target for L&D to make an instant impact on any business. From pre-boarding to the first few weeks of induction, there is so much for new starters to learn – and it’s an opportunity for L&D to show what it is made of! Discover how Virgin Trains and Tetra Pak are using digital learning strategies to remove the time and ‘friction’ often associated with onboarding. From virtual reality tours, to easier uniform ordering, these organisations are saving valuable time and money whilst improving the time to competency of their people.
- Evaluating your current onboarding process
- Building engagement with your brand before new starters even start
- Harnessing the best of digital learning technology to support onboarding
- Sharing insights and best practice from existing staff
- Standardising the experience to give everyone the same great start