T1S5 - Skills infrastructure
Skills – the plumbing, the poetry and the transformation of business and learning
A skills-based approach expands the focus of L&D from how people learn to recruit both internally and externally to effective capability planning for the future. This gives L&D a truly strategic role – develop the skills of your people and you gain competitive advantage. In this session three hugely experienced L&D players – Peter Sheppard, head of global L&D ecosystem at Ericsson, Meredith Wellard, VP group learning talent and platforms at Deutsche Post DHL Group and Matthias Schmidt, project manager professional at Swisscom – share their insights into the new DNA of skills and their visions of a workplace in which we shift from roles to skills, from careers to projects and from biased decisions to anonymised personas.
- Taxonomies for skills – balance between complexity and usefulness
- Understanding the easy wins for skills in your organisations
- Why managers are the key to successful implementation
- The importance of avoiding scope creep
- Data dialogues to support decision-making