T1S6 - Immersive technologies
Extended realities: the hype, the possibilities and the impossible in L&D
The ITCLO’s Tom Wambeke (Chief Learning Innovation) and his 20-strong team devote themselves full-time to researching the latest learning technologies, and using them in practice. In this session he’ll start with a short review of the extended realities technology landscape, then take you through a series of case studies of where Virtual Reality has been used to augment training, not just by replicating a physical environment, but by doing what is not possible in the physical world. Beyond technological headsets, in search for changing mindsets:
- Setting the scene: where are now with VR, AR and other extended realities?
- Extended realities create a lot of data – examples of using it well
- How AR is effecting vocational training positively
- Case studies of VR boosting learning and performance
- Where the future of extended realities for learning is heading