T4S1 - Learning and the mind
Motivation and learning - how to make sure your content and programmes keep people coming back for more
A number of different research-based models exist of human motivation. In this session you'll learn which provide the most actionable recommendations to help learners be motivated, and how to avoid strategies that risk demotivating your audience. You'll look at this research about motivation in a practical way that can help you take models and strategies and determine how best to use them in the context of your work to solve real world challenges.
- How to translate models (such as self-determination theory) into practical design recommendations
- How to avoid demotivating your learners
- How to evaluate motivation strategies such as incentives or gamification to ensure you are using the most effective strategy for your audience
- How to understand the barriers to motivation in your audience
- How to help people be self-directed learners