T4S3 - Social learning
Moving from Instructional Design to Social Design
Social learning and collaboration have jumped near the top of the Global Sentiment Survey again. This is no surprise given the renewed focus on new ways of working during COVID. Yet the same problems remain - How do you support it and where do you start?
L&D, technology and leadership all have a role to play, but they might not be what you've been told or come to expect.
In this session we’ll discuss the importance of a social-centered learning framework, the required shift from content creation to conversation creation, and illuminate the challenges faced when moving from instructional design to organisational social design.
In this session you will learn:
- How a social-centered learning strategy benefits L&D, individuals and the organisation
- The importance of organisational design in influencing behaviors
- How to approach small changes for big results
- 10 skills for L&D to develop for the modern workplace
- How to capture the attention of your organisation’s business leadership.