T4S5 - Leadership development
Compassionate leadership: using technology to support a radically different sort of leadership
‘Compassionate leadership’ is about creating environments in which people can thrive. It is about creating the conditions – through consistently listening and understanding – for collective responsibility. It allows a non-blame approach to discussing errors, near misses and work overload. It also enables people both to call out bullying and harassment, and to have tough conversations about those times when performance just isn’t good enough.
In this session we look at compassionate leadership and follow HEIW’s story as they deploy a technological solution to support this transformational approach to leadership across the Welsh health service. It’s a lesson in transformation applicable anywhere.
- The evidence base for compassionate leadership
- Why meeting organisational goals rests on high quality leadership
- Working together with employees to establish learning priorities
- The crucial resources to support this learning approach
- The value of clear pathways and qualifications