T5S2 - Video for learning
Making video content compelling through engaging drama and sophisticated animation
In this session, we look at two types of video for learning: animation and video drama, with expert advice provided by two seasoned practitioners in the each field. We will look at some of the wide range of techniques now possible in animation, while not forgetting important points such as user testing and activity tracking. We will also examine fundamental dramatic techniques, including designing to budget and story structure, and consider the fundamental question of how you tell a compelling story in just a few minutes.
- How the power of video lies in its emotional engagement
- When and how to use branching in animation
- Activating and engaging the imagination
- Why structure is crucial for effective drama
- Practical tips to take away and use