Learning technologies has the potential to have a huge positive impact within an organisation. This award seeks to recognise where excellence across the board, in terms of content, use of technology, and matching design to user and organisational needs, has led to a lasting, measurable and positive impact in the public and/or non-profit sector.
The project may consist of a single intervention or a broader implementation of learning technologies. The target population may include employees, students, private individuals and other groups. The term ‘learning technologies’ can also be interpreted widely to include all forms of online content, and may incorporate such things as synchronous learning, use of social media, or mobile technologies.
Judges will be looking for demonstrable evidence that:
- The project has been aligned to a clearly identified performance need.
- The project has made appropriate use of technology from the options available.
- There is demonstrable evidence of a successful implementation strategy, including alignment with organisational goals, engagement with key stakeholders, marketing, support and evaluation.
- The overall learning strategy has been effective.
- The project has made an impact in terms of individual and organisational performance.
- The project displays innovation or originality that has been applied to positive effect.
- The project represents the best possible solution given the constraints and issues encountered.
The submission must include a summary of the client brief and/or a statement of the training need that had been addressed. A summary of the analysis should be included to explain how the solution links to the learning need.
Supporting evidence from learners and other stakeholders is required. Comments from single learners and stakeholders will carry less weight than broader surveys or research.
Presentation to the judging panel
Presentations to the judging panel are required for all shortlisted entries in this category.
If may be strongly beneficial to your presentation if the judging panel can see the 'submission in action'.
You must be prepared to back up any claims about impact that you made in your submission during the presentation.
Please read the important information at the top of this page for details of word limit, summary, media and other important information.