Engaging Senior Leaders in Learning (…so that they make your life easier!)
Have you ever thought your job would be much easier If only managers and senior leaders would get behind L&D programmes? In this session, Hayley Barnard will explain how Lidl engaged their Board and senior leaders to drive greater engagement in their Diversity, Equity and inclusion company-wide learning. Lidl trained everyone from the CEO to the shop floor in DE&I using a tailored approach from Board Briefings to e-learning. You’ll see how teaching the same tools to the CEO as those on the shop floor created common language to drive culture change.
- How to influence the influencers
- Stroking egos and clarifying ‘what’s in it for me’
- Engaging leaders in topics they may not care about
- How to collect and use real employee stories to engage leaders
- Use of expert led bite-sized videos
- Chunking learning
- Creating and socialising ‘sticky tools’ that create common language and drive culture change.
- Measuring the impact on leaders
What happens next? Self-directed learning for leaders.