latest show news
- A guide to coaching for performance at January’s Learning Technologies Conference
- Learning for the YouTube generation
- show all news stories
Wednesday 30th January 2013
Theatre 3 14:45 - 15:15
Embedding learning techniques into e-learning
Mike Alcock, Strategic Development Executive, Cirrus e-learning
If we define learning in its widest sense as the construction of new knowledge, skills and capabilities, how do we promote the deeper understanding that maximises long term retention?
Through their close links with MidKent College, Cirrus e-learning is uniquely placed to align educational expertise with e-learning best practice. In this presentation, Mike Alcock will illustrate how Cirrus e-learning use educational theory and e-learning techniques to achieve these objectives.
Real world examples will show e-learning techniques that can be added to any course to facilitate learning and improve understanding and retention. These include:
- Memory aids
- Taking learners from the known to the unknown
- Examples and non-examples
- Opportunities for learning by discovery These and many other simple techniques will be demonstrated to show how e-learning can be used to support the goals of promoting deep understanding and long term retention.