T5S5 - Agile L&D
Agile methods for L&D: how being user-led, iterating fast and focusing on performance transform the learning approach
‘Agile’ is a well-defined methodology, but it’s also an approach, a mindset towards tackling any problem. In contrast to a traditional waterfall, step-by-step method, it involves rapidly producing ideas, testing and re-iterating them, all the while in close communication with those we’re aiming to help. In L&D this means drawing on data, user experience and other sources to rapidly improve the learning content we create, all whilst maintaining a laser focus on performance. This session shares the keys to doing this, and explores the value of fast, data-driven experiments that result in rapid improvements.
- Asking the right questions of people and data – and using your answers!
- How the freedom to experiment and fail fast really does work
- Getting the most out of low-cost cloud tools
- Being clear about your processes in a traditional environment
- Using data dashboards effectively