Learn Like You Live: How Disruption, Purpose, and Technology Will Change How the Workforce Learns
With quickly evolving technologies and a consumer-centric culture that can find, purchase, receive, and customize near anything with a swipe or a click, learning professionals need to keep pace. We can't expect our workforce to learn how to repair a leaky pipe on YouTube within minutes at home and then come to work to view a 90-minute eLearning module to find out about a software update. But what's more, today's workforce wants to know WHY they need to learn, they want context, they want to know the purpose --- they want to be part of the design.
In this session, participants will gain a new perspective on the future of learning. Join us to find out why and how learning today’s mainstream behaviors are forcing shifts in how we design and deliver learning and how flexibility, accessibility, and relevance are the new must-haves giving “creativity” a new front seat when it comes to what’s next for learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How modern-day behaviors are impacting learning
- How the next generation of learning wants more than flexibility and accessibility: they want to be creators
- How learning should be and can be “2 clicks away”
- How creation and curation can be done by anyone with no training needed
- How we --- as practitioners --- can set the stage for creator-centric learning