T1S5 - AR and VR
Virtual, augment and extended - the new realities being put to practical use for learning
The journey from novelty to practical tool didn’t take long, and in this session, we explore the very practical uses of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) in workplace training in a range of different contexts. We’ll examine VR's capability to simulate authentic scenarios, enhancing both learner engagement and practical skills. We’ll also look at where AR has the edge, leveraging computer interactions overlaid on the real world.
And as well as the technical side of things, we’ll consider effectively deploying these technologies – how do people react? How can you ensure a positive first reaction to something that most people haven’t used before, and may well be wary of?
- The impact of VR and AR in training methods
- When each reality is best used
- Overcoming training challenges innovatively
- Simulating real-life scenarios for effective learning
- The crucial importance of culture and communication