T4S4 - Learning impact
Showing the value of L&D - moving from the transactional to strategic alignment
Demonstrating the value of learning is vital in proving the tangible impact of L&D to organisations. But how do you do it? Not by delivering courses to order, and not by assuming that training is the answer to every performance issue. The session will examine strategies and tactics for getting to roots of performance issues and business goals and aligning learning activities with them.
We’ll look at the vital combination of data and people. With one you can correlate learning activities with business success. With the other, you will need to ask the right questions, listen to feedback, and keep open a two-way street of communication around your activities.
- Finding the performance issues you need to solve
- How to identify and communicate your business impact
- How data is crucial to showing value
- Practical techniques for continuous evaluation
- People: the toughest part of showing value