latest show news
- A guide to coaching for performance at January’s Learning Technologies Conference
- Learning for the YouTube generation
- show all news stories
Tuesday 29th January 2013
Theatre 3 11:45 - 12:15
What does your next LMS look like?
Mark Aberdour, Head of Open Source, Epic
The LMS market is dominated by commercial and open source vendors offering sprawling and bloated software that tries to support a wide range of features but does few well. Hence, over half of organisations are dissatisfied with their LMS. Against this backdrop we have a new breed of platforms offering more personalised and adaptive learning experiences. These modern platforms are nodes in the learning network, using open standards to connect existing systems together rather than replace the lot.
In this session we will show a selection of modern learning platforms, including:
- An employee self-service platform for personal development that uses Web Services to build personalised learning paths
- A Tin Can API platform that builds a learning activity stream by aggregating learner data from multiple sources
- A Learning Analytics platform giving insight into this wealth of data about the modern, connected learner.