T3S1 - Learning leadership
It isn’t often we’re lucky enough to have a Chief Learning Office share in a journey of transforming learning in a large organisation that has taken years to complete. In this session we do just that, and it’s a journey that has moved from a traditional department focused on delivering training to one that is agile and willing and able to adapt to the organization's needs as well as supporting wider issues such as inclusion and diversity.
From training delivery to strategic business partner - lessons from a transformative journey
It’s a mammoth task: transforming how learning is approached in a multinational, diverse organisation. Meeting all compliance goals, but then taking the learning environment beyond the routine and making it agile and effective – managing to deliver specific business goals, while also reducing costs.
In this session AstraZeneca CLO Marc Howells will describe his journey transforming how the company supports learning while also working to support business strategy, even as it changes. At the core of this is the need to predict and evaluate organisational capabilities to ensure the right skills in the right place at the right time.
- Successful transformation – and the challenges that accompany it
- Putting your learning strategy in lock step with business aims
- Creating an agile, fluid environment for learning
- Understanding what capabilities and skills your organisation needs
- Building your own organisational learning strategy