T3S6 - Change management
Understanding change management’s role in successful learning initiatives
As L&D moves from being a transactional provider of training to a strategic partner, change management becomes even more important. There’s a general understanding of this in L&D, but too little clarity of both the general principles of change management and too few case studies of how to apply them in practice. This session aims to fix that.
We’ll look at the importance of clear goals and communications, and of identifying and overcoming resistance. We’ll also explore the best ways to ensure buy-in and effective adoption across the organisation, wherever possible fostering a supportive learning environment and empowering employees to be champions of change.
- Effective communication in L&D change management
- The sources of resistance to L&D and working with it
- Empowering employees as change champions
- Project management – L&D’s crucial, under-rated skill
- Key principles of change management, applied