T5S5 - Data and analytics
Data literacy - the essential skill for L&D today
The value of L&D is not about great learning experiences at work. It is about enabling the workforce to do their job well. How do we know we’re delivering that value? Through data, of course! That’s what speaker Zsolt Olah used to believe. Not anymore. It turns out data is not enough. Data is like a language. You can talk a lot and still say nothing relevant. To stay relevant, even with AI, we need the fundamentals of speaking the language of impact. We need data literacy.
- Mindshift: thinking of data as the language of impact
- Making data work for you using the 4C’s (curiosity, creativity, critical thinking, and culture)
- Interaction: improving your learning dashboard
- Reflection: avoiding five common mistakes in learning analytics
- Application: building a hands-on “gameboard” approach for learning data literacy for you team